Complex 3D Printed Parts
We obsess about three things:
PART COST, QUALITY, and RESPONSIVENESS.
3DEO is selectively accepting new high volume, high value industrial applications of 100+ pieces.
Fast turnarounds and high quality parts give our customers a competitive advantage. While quality production is our lifeblood, we work closely with our customers to determine the right quality given target cost of production. We stand behind that with our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
3DEO manufactures components from high-quality metal powder. Our finished parts have similar strength to solid stainless steel. The process involves “printing” stainless powder into a pre-defined geometry. During the subsequent high-temperature sintering process, the component obtains its final shape and strength. Furthermore, 3DEO’s proprietary software and sintering process will ensure a high quality alloy to meet or exceed your part requirements.
For companies that want to take advantage of 3D printing without developing in-house capabilities, we manufacture complex, high value metal parts. Stop losing money on outdated manufacturing and realize the potential of additive manufacturing.
Meets traditional industry specifications (MPIF 35)
- Component Mass: up to 2000g
- Dimensions: up to 200mm (8 in)
- Tolerance: +/- 0.005 in/in (or better with post-processing)
- Density: 99%+
- Production Quantities: 10 – 10,000 units
Secondary Operations: We offer a variety of secondary operations, including heat treating, vibratory deburring, sizing/coining, machining, and steam treating.
Quality Control & Metallurgical Inspection: Complete mechanical testing facility including: optical metallographic equipment, vision system measuring center, CMM, optical comparator, micro-hardness and apparent hardness testers, gear checker, surface roughness testers, humidity chamber, conductivity meter.
Current Material - Stainless Steel
BENEFITS OF STAINLESS STEEL
- Optimum corrosion resistance
- Good weldability
- High strength and good formability
- Powder is guaranteed fully stainless, impermeable and suitable for welding
- Savings of up to 50% over traditional forming techniques
- Tensile Strength 172,000 PSI
- Yield Strength 158,000 PSI
- Elongation 6% per inch
- Density 7.6 g/cc
- Apparent Hardness 33 HRC macro
- Recommendations: Precipitation hardening stainless steel used in applications requiring very high level of strength and hardness is necessary, such as for medical, surgical, and firearms parts. It generally has better corosion resistance than the 400 series stainless steels because of low carbon content. A range of properties and hardness can be achieved through modifications of the aging temperature during heat treatment. Properties listed are in the “H900” heat treated condition.
- Equivalent MPIF MIM-17-4 PH solution treated and aged.
- Tensile Strength 75,000PSI
- Yield Strength 25,000PSI
- Elongation 50% per inch
- Density 7.7 g/cc
- Apparent Hardness 67 HRB
- Recommendation: Used in applications requiring excellent corrosion resistance, including medical, dental, surgical, computer, and telecommunications. Parts made from this material have a good combination of strength and ductility.
- Equivalent to MPIF MIM-316L
OTHER MATERIALS UNDER DEVELOPMENT
- Inconel, nickel alloy
- Tool steels
- Low-alloy steels
- Soft magnetic alloys
- Controlled-expansion alloys
- Tungsten carbide
- Tungsten heavy alloy
- Bronze, copper and brass