Why I Switched From Metal Injection Molding: The Economics of MIM vs. Metal 3D Printing
3DEO hosted a live webinar, Why I Switched From Metal Injection Molding, on Thursday, October 8th, at 10am PT.
Metal Injection Molding is frequently selected as the manufacturing method of choice for high volume production runs of small and complex parts, and for good reason. The technique has a 40-year history of success.
A relatively recent entrant to the serial production world of metal parts is metal 3D printing. While this technology was invented decades ago, only recently has it become capable of competing head-to-head with MIM from a quality and cost perspective.
3DEO is leading the way in converting customers from MIM to metal 3D printing, and this webinar is meant to showcase real-world case studies of applications that have made the transition. There are unique value propositions of both MIM and metal 3D printing, and this webinar will help participants understand when and why to opt for additive manufacturing.
What you will learn from this webinar:
- Compare MIM to 3DEO’s proprietary metal 3D printing process
- Understand how metal 3D printing differs in terms of design and flexibility
- Learn about the pros and cons of each process and when metal 3D printing makes sense
- Discover real-world case studies of 3DEO winning versus Metal Injection Molding
- See 3DEO’s process for going from first articles to production with 3DEO